Terms & Conditions
In these Terms and Conditions the following definitions apply:
“The Company”,”We”,”Us”- Means Andrew Field trading as Helping AND of 100, Old Road Melin, Neath, SA11 2BU.
“Operative” - Means the person(s) carrying out the service on behalf of the company.
“Customer”,”Client” - Means the person, firm or corporate body together with any subsidiary or associated company as defined by the companies Act 1985 to whom the services are supplied by the company.
“Area of work” - Means the place or area where we are caring out any of our services.
“Service” - Means the services and/or work carried out by the company.
Unless the context requires otherwise, reference to the singular include the plural and references to the masculine include the feminine and vice versa.
These Terms and Conditions represent a contract between Helping AND and the customer/client.
The Client agrees that any use of the Company’s services, shall constitute the Client’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing by Mr Andrew Field Trading as Helping AND, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail over any other terms of business or purchase conditions put forward by the customer/client.
No variation or alteration of these Terms and Conditions shall be valid unless approved in writing by Helping AND.
Acceptance of our survey, estimate or quotation shall be deemed as acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
1. All work undertaken will be discussed and agreed prior to the start date and all work will be completed by Helping AND unless otherwise agreed.
1.1. Completion dates for services and or delivery dates for goods set out in any quotation or acceptance are approximate only and the company shall not be liable for any delay in completion of the services and or delivery of the goods howsoever caused. Time for completion and or delivery shall not be of the essence of the contract.
1.2. Responsibility of risk of damage to, or loss of the goods shall pass to the customer at the time of delivery to the customer or if the customer wrongfully fails to take delivery of the goods.
1.3. Title and ownership of materials will not pass to the client until payment has been received in full. Legal proceedings may be taken to recover materials and equipment unpaid for.
2. The estimate/original price for work includes labour only and any waste disposal and or materials if required may be subject to additional fees if not already stated on the estimate.
2.1. Any work requested by the customer that is not set out in the quotation will be charged accordingly, and added to the invoice as extra work.
2.2. The Company reserves the right, at any time to revise the price(s) to take into account any factor beyond the control of the company, quantities or specifications for the services and or goods which are requested by the customer, or any delay caused by any instructions of the customer or failure of the Customer to give the company adequate information or instructions, or because of previously unknown obstacles causing extra work or damage to company machinery, tools and/or equipment.
3. Any addition and/or alterations to the contract shall be properly treated as variations and subject to written instructions and additional payments may be required to cover the agreed changes.
4. The client shall provide access to the site(s) during Helping AND’s normal working hours from 7am onwards Monday to Saturday and on Sunday if agreed by both the company and customer. The customer shall provide reasonable access to the mains electricity and water supply if required by us.
5. If access is only available through the customers dwelling, the company shall bear no liability in respect of any damage by the company to the Customer's premises, personal property or any other items what’s so ever, in respect of which the Customer shall claim against their own insurers.
6.The cost of the use of electricity and water will be coved by the client.
7. Helping AND is not able to accept responsibility for any damage to or cost involved with or relating to any underground hazards, obstructions or services not made known to us in writing or apparent on visual inspection.
7.1 The Customer undertakes promptly to provide the company with all information which the Company may require in order for the company to carry out its obligations under the Contract, this includes details of obstacles that could be damaged (such as pipes and cable) or may cause damage to the companies equipment, and the customer must have the property fully insured to cover any claim or damage caused by the company whilst in the process of carrying out the service.
8. It is very important and the sole responsibility of the Client to ensure we are made aware of any special/statutory bylaws/ conditions/permissions that may be involved before any work is carried out.
9. Severe weather conditions, including drought, may cause the delay of visits or our ability to carry out work but this will not affect the original, agreed price. We will arrange with you a more suitable date to commence with the required service.
10. Due to Health and safety reasons, Helping AND reserve the right to refuse or stop work, if there is any type of excrement present within the area of work. The removal of excrement or large amounts of litter from the site is the sole responsibility of the client.
11. Payment must be paid in full with cash, bank account transfer or cheque immediately after work has been completed unless otherwise agreed in writing.
12. The client will be responsible for all payments to Helping AND.
13. Interest may be applied to the original price if full payment is not made within 28 days of work being completed unless agreed otherwise in writing. Interest, if applied will be applied at 5% per day, If payment is not made within the 28 days of work being completed.
14. Payment methods are strictly cash, cheque or bank transfer only
15. The term waste removal refers only to waste produced by Helping AND. Where possible we encourage customers to have compost areas and/or green bins.
16. If access to the site can only be made through a neighbouring property then permission must be obtained, in writing from the property owner or owners, stating the name, address, telephone number and the address of the property (if it’s not their home address). We also require that the written permission is signed by both parties.
17. It is your sole responsibility to acquire permission when necessary from third parties including neighbours.
18. We sometimes use loud machinery to carry out work. Please inform us in advance if there is a time when this will cause you problems. These machines can also create dust and smoke. Please keep your windows shut whilst work is been carried out.
19. For safety reasons the client must stay well clear of any equipment wether it be in use or not at ALL times.
20. For safety reason the client must not approach the operative when they are using any type of equipment. If the client requires the attention of the operative then they should get their attention vocally or by waving or signalling them with their hands.
21. It is the responsibility of the client to keep children and pets away from the work areas and equipment, at ALL times as there is a risk of serious injury or death.
It is important that the client reads and fully understands these terms and conditions before signing any contract from Helping AND.
Helping AND reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at anytime without prior notice.